Tuesday, September 23, 2008

kodak moments


for the last 9 month's I've survived on a diet of VHS rips of the x-files and a host of shows that would normally fill the lucrative 11:30PM onwards time slot thanks to greedy writers wanting a larger cut.

all that changed tonight when our torren....tv's were graced with an eclipse, an emo-hero and the soothing sounds of a indian voice over.





the memory of this moment has now been added to the list of 2008 moments that I'll compile in my mind-montage, complete with acoustic guitar soundtrack:
  • being frisked for stubbie holders by my best friend's new husband at their wedding
  • a disturbing series of recurring dreams involving the end of the world, broadcast in HD with 5.1 channel surround sound. most disturbing was my colleague and I watching our girlfriend's die and my first reaction was to get annoyed that at Armageddon I was still spending more time with him then her.
  • convincing GF to sign up a mmorpg account for "just the trial period"
  • watching GF upgrade said account to a full version (thus proving my awesome-ness)
  • building a bbq in less then a day without serious injury or anything that would require skin to be removed from my butt and grafted to my face
  • hitting 150+ successive notes in guitar hero iii. this may or may not have been on easy mode playing pat benetar
  • explaining to a dependent (staff member) that he does not have a cervix
/fin

No comments: